Monday, September 29, 2008

To Bowl or not to Bowl, that is the question....

So, Carter got an idea to go bowling. I figured that would be fun and we had some time to spare, about 2 hours before we had to be somewhere. Cortney was at Grandma's house with Mason and Avery. I asked if they would like to come. We all loaded up, including Hailie and we heading to the bowling alley. Here is Avery sporting a mini skirt with tights and bowling shoes.
Some interesting things occurred while we were there. First of all, we didn't know that they had the ramps for the little kids so that the kids didn't have to kick the bowling ball down the lane, which by the way took forever to get the ball to the pins. Sometimes they didn't even make it there. Cortney had to use her bowling techniques to hit the ball in. She would bowl like usual, hit the other ball that never made it to the pins, and then somehow put both balls in the gutter. Amazing!!! She even had someone at the bowling alley comment on her skills. I think she said she took bowling in college, not sure though.
As in the above picture, we had kids going every which way. Mason is enjoying the view on top of the machine that returns the balls. Carter looks like he has the bowling stance down.
Ryen and Avery were tired after the long game, and I mean long, like 1 1/2 hours. Avery decided that her hair was wet and needed to blow dry it using the machine that returns the balls. She is so dang cute.
Finally, I think the lady at the bowling alley felt sorry for us or wanted us out of there, and she brought us the ramp. After that, the game went much quicker and smoother. We had fun but it was time to go home, right Cortney?



2 comments:

cortney and neil said...

Another fabulous post. Bowling was a lot of fun, but it was time to go home. Expecially by the time both my kids were bawling. :) The kids loved it though. They want to go again tonight for Avy's birthday. I just hope I don't have to whip out my skills again.

P.S. if you didn't get my message Carl is definitly in for Neil baby!

Jen said...

LINDA! Cute post. I would have loved to have been bowling with you. I think the kids probably would have done better than me...that's how good I am. Ha ha. As for Neil...I am totally in. I am going to request that day off work so that I can for sure go! I mentioned it to my mom and she got WAY excited and would also like to go. I thought maybe you could call her and give her some details...