Saturday, February 7, 2009

Oh, What a Night!!!!

So... January 27th, 2009, will be a night that Carter will never forget. Uncle Judd gave Carter two tickets to the Jazz Game. I was lucky enough to be the other person who got to go. Carter was counting down the days until the 27th rolled in. He couldn't stand it, he was so excited. Reason being...... the only game that Carter has gone to, he was sitting in the nose bleed section. The tickets that Judd gave us, he was sitting down by the court, right behind the basket. The seats were awesome!!!! Che' and Landon went to the game as well. We met up to go eat some dinner and then headed to the game. We were way early. Landon said we needed to go early so that Carter could get some autographs. Well, he got some and he was so excited. I was sitting with Che', watching Landon and Carter trying to get the players to sign Carter's jersey. I started to get tears in my eyes just because Carter was so excited. I can't believe how silly I was, but seeing him get so excited about something that he truly loves, made me a little loopy. We got some great pictures of D Will, Carter's favorite player. I just wish Carter could have gotten his autograph.
I wish I could have gotten Kyle's autograph, I mean Carter could have gotten it. Man Kyle is cute. Carter almost was able to get Kyle to sign his jersey but the security guard was pushing Kyle through since he was late. Oh well. Kyle is very easy on the eyes though, right?

Here is the D Will jersey all signed. I can't remember all the different players that signed it, except I know that Coach Sloan signed it. Carter was loving every minute of it.
I don't think Carter will ever forget this night, but I do know that I won't. You would do anything for your kids to make them happy, and when something so simple makes them beam from head to toe, there is nothing else you can do but to smile and be grateful that you were there to share it with them.
Thanks Judd. You made Carter's day and mine as well. I think you won Jimmy over. Thanks Che' and Landon. We had a ton of fun with you. We love you guys and we need to do this more often.


6 comments:

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

So many comments to make... so little space. First of all, so sad about little Jack. I hope he is feeling better soon. Second of all, laughed out loud on the picture of Carter as a mad scientist. He looks adorable. And thirdly, ( I know, getting out of control ) we had so much fun with you guys at the Jazz game! I wish we had tickets to go again! It was a blast... and unbelievably, fourthly, I tried to return your call but your weren't home... I have all the pictures! I will get them to you! Love you so much!

Kim said...

I second the comment from Che about Carter's Mad Scientist look. that is HILARIOUS! I was laughing for sure. The jazz game looks awesome. I can't believe I wasn't invited. Just kidding. We need to have a big fam get together again soon...I am feeling a little family deprived!

Rowbury Adventures said...

ohh how fun for carter! thanks for letting us stay at your house this weekend! I had so much fun playin with Ryen, she even gave me a hug when I left, Brad said I should feel so special cause she doesn't give to many of those out! ha and you tell carter to practice callin me aunt for the next time i come, no more MISS! haha anyways thanks again, we'll come visit again soon!

cortney and neil said...

How fun for Carter. I think that Judd the dud was more excited about the game than he was :) I love the mad scientists. You go Alene. She never ceases to amaze me.

Jen said...

I'm so glad that Carter got to go. He is the biggest Jazz fan I know. I think it is so cute!! By the way, did the Jazz win the game??

Mari Ann said...

Don't be shocked now, but I have a Google account so I can leave comments. I know....I am a technology genius.