Sunday, November 23, 2008

Birthday Boy

Carter had his birthday party last week. I can't believe he is 8 years old already. Time does fly by, even when I don't think it has. It seems like just yesterday that I was in the hospital, hating life, trying to get this huge thing out of me, and then having to have a C-section since this baby didn't want to come out. I remember seeing him for the first time, and let me tell you, I didn't see him for long because I was out shortly after having him. He was so cute, but he didn't look like he was mine. He had dark skin and a lot of dark hair. I must say he was the handsome devil. I waited a long time to have him and I was so happy he was finally here. What an incredible event! I can say that now since I don't feel anymore pain.

We took Carter and 7 of his little buddies to go bowling and play laser tag. They had a lot of fun. Carter kept saying that this was his best birthday ever. I was glad to hear that since the day started off very stressful for me. I was planning on leaving work early so I would feel prepared for the event. Things came up and I wasn't able to leave until around 3:00 and his party was at 5:00. I had lots to still do and I became very overwhelmed AGAIN!! I am sick of feeling that way. Anyway, I surprisingly got everything done that I needed to.
Carter wanted a skateboarder birthday, so here is his cake. It was actually pretty good. He loved it.

Here are all the boys posing for a picture. Carter has a good bunch of friends. I was glad that they were all able to go. By the way, thanks again Mari Ann and Hailie for saving me. I was so happy to see you that night. Brad and I needed the extra help. You guys are amazing. We love you mucho grande.

So... Carter, I just want you to know that you are one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I am so lucky to be your Mom. You make me laugh at all your excitement that you have. I love watching you play sports, I love watching you play outside, I love watching and hearing you struggle at reading, I love listening to you wiz through your math timings, I love when you kiss your brother Jack, I love how you protect your sister, I love how you love the UTAH JAZZ, and I love that I am able to spend my life with you. Thanks for coming to our family. It probably is a struggle sometimes since I get a little stressed and take a lot out on you. I can always count on the " I love you Mom" when I drop you off at school even though the morning was a little rough. Nothing makes my day better. Do you know how much I love you? Multiply that by 100!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Awwww....how cute is that. Carter surely is the handsome devil. I can't believe he is 8 either. Time really does fly. He is getting baptized! That is such a big event. I love the skateboard cake. I am guessing you made that!?

Carlie said...

You're so cute Linda. That little picture of them in their laser tag gear is hysterical. You have to love little boys. Love you guys, can't wait for the big baptism! We'll be there. Happy Birthday Carter!

Jen said...

Happy birthday Carter! Cute pictures. His cake looks amazing! I can't believe he is already 8. I remember holding him when he was a tiny baby and he would lay in the fetal position with his arms and legs tucked in. So cute!!