Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Jack!!!

Last year at this time, I was recovering from my 3rd C-Section and I was sort of out of it, just ask Mari Ann. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever figure someone so small could make me so happy. I had a good life, a great husband, two good kids (well.... most of the time), a good job, a nice home, etc. Then Jack came along. He has such a sweet spirit. All of us instantly fell in love with him. I am so thankful that he chose us. Our family would not be complete without him. For his birthday, we decided to go to Lagoon. It was fun. Mari Ann, Houston, Hailie, Cortney, Carlie, Mason, and Avery all came. It was Cortney's birthday too, you just need to add a few years to hers. I won't say how many, okay add 24 to Jack's 1. It was the best experience I have had at that place so far. Jack was such a good boy. He was such a trooper. The weather was perfect and there wasn't a huge crowd. The kids had a lot of fun. Thanks everyone for coming with us.
This picture is so typical of Jack. He talks with his mouth closed or he talks out of the side of his mouth. It is so cute, but I do hope that he grows out of it. It may not be so cute when he is an old man.

The infamous 1st birthday cake. I try for each of my kids to make their 1st cake. I went all out for Carter with the turkey cake that I made. Ryen had the ladybug cake that we made in Nauvoo. Jack's wasn't as much work. I really don't have a lot of time anymore. I do think, however, that it turned out cute.
Look at Ryen staring at the cake. She couldn't wait to eat it. Everyone's mouth turned blue from the frosting. It was pretty hysterical.
Jack is the only one out of my 3 kids that dug into his cake. He was very careful though. He enjoyed the frosting a little bit too much. I would pull the cake away from him and he would get all upset. I would push it back to him and he would calm down and start digging again.
One year past and how things have changed. I am so lucky to have three healthy kids. With each new day, I know that I am truly blessed. Happy Birthday Stinker Poo. We love you so much!!




5 comments:

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Wow time flies! He looks so big and I can't believe he is standing?! When did that happen? I miss you guys so much and can't wait to see everyone, I hope Jack is still talking with his mouth closed when I return.... that is an anomaly I have never seen before. Happy birthday Jackers!

lisa said...

I am so sorry I missed Jack's birthday. I am glad you had fun at Lagoon. Jack is the cutest little boy I have seen besides Carter. Happy Birthday Jack. See you this weekend.
Love Aunt Lisa

Rowbury Adventures said...

Happy late birthday to little jack jack! Linda I'm impressed! Your cake is so cute.. Your kids are growing up so fast! Me and Mitch will be in Utah this fall so we're gonna be coming and visiting lots. tell everyone hi and give them hugs and kisses from me and Mitch!

cortney and neil said...

Happy Birthday to jack. It was so much fun to celebrate our special day togeher. Thank you so much again for planning the great day. It was one of my funnest b days in a long time. I love you and your little fam tons. Can't wait to see you next weekend. (good luck finding you barbie. He is currently on ebay for the highest bidder :)

Jen said...

Yay! Happy birthday Jack! I love the pictures of him with his cake. How adorable. I haven't seen him in forever it seems like. I'm looking forward to the annual 24th of July bash at grandma's. I can come this year...YAY!