Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Not-so-Much Polar Express

So, I purchased tickets a month or so ago for the Polar Express, aka Heber Creeper. We have gone to the Polar Express for the last few years. The kids love it, especially when Santa gets on the train and gives them a bell. Well..... the weather did not cooperate with us this year. We had a horrible snow storm this morning. I was barely able to get Carter to his basketball game and up to the church for our Christmas party. I can't even imagine what the canyons were like. I didn't dare chance it. So... we had our own Polar Express party at our house.

I decided to give the kids their new pajamas that they would have gotten for the train ride. They loved them. Then, I decided to make hot chocolate and cookies.

Finally, we popped in the DVD of THE POLAR EXPRESS, and we all sat down and watched it together. It was pretty fun and much less stressful than us driving in horrible weather.

So I asked Carter if he was disappointed that we weren't able to go. He looked at me and said " Geez Mom, I got the play to basketball this morning and go the the breakfast Christmas Party. Then I went and played my soccer game. I went outside and played in the snow and you know what....... there is always next year." What a boy, that made me feel much better about the situation, even though I lost some money. Oh well.... we are all safe and sound.

See you next year, Polar Express!!!!!!!



6 comments:

Kim said...

man, you are so creative! the kids are adorable. I think Jack is looking more and more like Carter.

cortney and neil said...

What a good mom you are. We had a big snow storm to, but all we missed was tithing settlement. Not such a big deal, we will have to do it tomorrow. I loved the jammies. Jack is looking extremely handsome.

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

So fun! Landon and I enjoyed the storm by putting together a puzzle. We are just so talented. Pretty much can't wait to see you for Neil! We need to make shirts!

Carlie said...

Linda you're too cute. Your kids look adorable in those pajamas. What a sweet boy Carter is! I love you can't wait for this weekend!

Karen Russell said...

What cute little kids! I just love those pictures and the jammies are just adorable. All in spite of their parents!! =0P
You guys are awesome!!!

Rowbury Adventures said...

these pictures are so cute! i just made a blog cuz i heard it's a rule to make one when you get married.. ha but i was excited to find you guys on here! anyways happy late late late birthay from me and mitch!